The American Lung Association’s How To Help People Quit training is a free, one-hour online course that includes four interactive learning modules designed to further enhance understanding of the Lung Association’s core beliefs about tobacco cessation, as well as understanding behavior changes, interventions and treatment needed to help people quit for good.
Specifically, participants of this course will enhance their skill set in:
- Recognizing the types of resistance to change
- Conducting brief interventions
- Utilizing principles of Motivational Interviewing to resolve uncertainty
- Identify FDA-approved medications to help individuals break tobacco dependency
- Connect quitters with American Lung Association’s tobacco cessation resources for both youth and adults
Become a lung champion and complete this course to be a navigator of the cessation process, increase effective quit attempts, lead efforts towards fostering healthier tobacco-free generations and further build tobacco-free communities.
Page last updated: June 16, 2021